Thursday 12 January 2017

20th cent task 2(DADA)


 This week, we are tasked to go out for 30 minutes to find recyclable materials around the campus. There were a lot of thrown away items at the time. Some, we are not sure if the college still needs the as they seemed perfectly intact. However, we spotted some thrown out wood  and decided to take a few of them.
My items are 2 curved wooden board and 1 broken wood side table




 Recycle wood



After gathering some recycled materials, I took some time figuring what to turn it into. At first, I tried turning it into an item about broken dreams however it looked very much like a chair. Another Idea is to turn it into a skateboard as to how teenages are fond of such sport. So, I went with the skateboard idea.

First off, I take 2 of the similar boards and  asked  a lecturer for assistants in drilling holes the board. After drilling the holes, I used metal wires to merge them together. I dismembered the table legs and used saws to cut off the parts of table leg so that it looks like wheels and  used nails and hammer to nail them together
 Resulting skateboard

Reflection

I learned alot about the art movement Dadaism and how they turn any recyclable items into an unexpected artwork. Just like how I managed to turn random wooden boards and tables into a skateboard

No comments:

Post a Comment