Thursday 12 January 2017

20th cent task 1 (cubism)

Our first task, is to create a cubism styled artwork out of our peers. We are tasked to create the artwork based on the information we gathered about them. I was tasked to create an artwork about Yati. So, we took a session for questioning each others personality, likes, hobby's and other information.



 After the questioning, I started to create a sketch based on the answers I was given. I used Picasso inspired cubism work in my sketch.



For the real work, I used a large Styrofoam and based on the sketch, I created faint lines on the foam for cutting




With some of the spare left overs, I used it to create simple details like the eyes and mouth. For the parts, I used toothpicks to stick them together.



The final result of my work, the artwork represents Yati's  personality and image. For the top, she had a cooking hat which represents her like in food. The facial areas represents what I see. The camera tells that she likes taking pictures as well as traveling.








Reflection

During the task, I learned the cubism style used by Pablo Picasso. I also learned that cubism styles then to look flat and blending in with the background. Other than that, I learned to communicated with my peers and get to know them a bit more for the semester.

No comments:

Post a Comment