Thursday 17 December 2015

Ideation on rebranding


My project for this semester is to re-brand Kinos Food industries. I am going to change the website layout as well as minor changers to the logo.

About Kinos food industry

Kinos food industry is well known in Malaysia for producing snacks, biscuits and sweets that children love and has left a mark on adults when they were children who enjoys the product. Kinos had been around since 1980s and was founded in Pasir Gudang. In 2005 the Kinos industry was brought by the London biscuits Bhd and is now part of the company group.

What I want to re brand in the product 

LOGO
Take a look at the logo and tell me what do you think. It clearly shows a sailor with a mustache or a big chin who is smoking. The wrong thing about the logo here is that the sailor is actually biting on a chocolate stick. This can be corrected with a change in perspective that is why I decided to do minor changes to the logo. Since that this product usually targets children, it would mislead them into thinking that the sailor is smoking causing the children to think smoking is OK. I only want to change the perspective of the logo to the front view and will not change the logo entirely since it has a long history to Malaysians


WEBSITE


I wanted to change to Kinos website due to its naturalist feel is I think is unsuitable for a snack food company. So, I plan on making the website with a layout of historical snacks to give it an old 1980s feel.


Here are links to the sites

http://www.kinos.com.my/
http://www.londonbiscuits.com.my/





No comments:

Post a Comment