Thursday 17 December 2015

Group work Discussions

We had a group work exercise during the day, we are given 4 items to use as a service or a product. we can only add one extra item. During the time, we brainstormed to create our individual ideas and sketch them on paper


My idea

In my idea, I used the items chicken, tripod and bell. My idea is to create a service of transporting people with chickens like a reindeer. This idea is also based on Christmas in mind since our month is near Christmas so I thought up the Santa sleight but instead of reindeer pulling the sleight it was chickens. The idea is to strap the bell on the chicken and a harness on the chickens breast to pull the tripod. It may take numerous chickens to pull the tripod as well as feed to make them move. The idea was intentionally make it look like you are riding on a Santa sleight.

Once we all had our sketches done, we presented them :

Talib picked a basket bike and bell. His idea was to make a shop from the bike where he would sell flowers in the basket in different sizes with the bells on the bike.

Bichen chose chicken bike and bell. She came out with the idea of putting the chicken on the bike and putting a bell on its beck to alert people when the bell rings.

Budu chose the banana, chicken and basket. His idea was for fast food with the basket designed as a bag to carry the food unlike the conventional rubber bags.


Out of all these ideas we decided Budu's idea is the most suitable.




Idea improvements


Pic to be uploaded


I decided to improve my idea more, in this course of time I decided I would not use live chickens to pull the tripod as it would induce a lot of suffering to the chickens. So I switched the live chickens into robot chickens. The chickens would be solar powered robots with thread wheels. The new chickens may have a high cost because of the part required but it reduces feed and number of live chickens cost which would effect long term.


No comments:

Post a Comment